Directeur /Country Manager – Human Appeal France
The country Manager (CM) is responsible for managing the change, growth and performance of Human Appeal France. Working closely with the Emerging Market director and other senior staff in the HQ. The CM is responsible to formulate and review the office strategic plan and execute its priorities. The role requires oversight of leadership, management and administration of the organisation and compliance to governance, best practice, legal, policy and strategic obligations
Development, Fundraising and Promotion
- Identify and secure funding to support delivery of the strategic plan and maximize income from a mixed portfolio to ensure sustainability and growth.
- Promote and campaign on behalf of the beneficiaries of Human Appeal to donors, government, funders, partners and other voluntary organisations in France.
- Maintain and develop effective networks with principal stakeholders and supporters
- Expand and promote the profile, role and impact of the organisation with internal and external French stakeholders.
Leading and managing the Office
- Provide leadership to the organisation, the senior management and other levels of the team through daily communications and maintain relationships.
- Effective management of human resources through provide best practice in recruitment, supervision and ongoing appraisal and development.
- Maintain the organisation’s policies to ensure they are up to date, consistent, approved by the HQ and implemented effectively.
- Maintenance, Development and Implementation of the organisation’s strategic plan and priorities.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, including employment law, charity law, company law, health & safety legislation and with best practice in work within the humanitarian sector in France.
- Exert clear financial management controls by preparing and operating within the annual budget.
Working with Headquarters
- Prepare a strategic plan, an annual operational plan and a budget with Director of Emerging Markets for trustees’ approvals.
- Provide appropriate presentation and reporting on the progress of the organisation and matters relevant to the discharge of its constitutional and legal obligations.
- Provide sound, clear and timely information and advice to the Director of Emerging Markets based on professional knowledge and understanding of the context.
Human Apeal Competencies framework
- Working with peoplE
- Delivering results & meeting Stakeholder’s needs
- Adapting & Responding to change
- Presenting and communicating information
- Relating and Networking
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Leading and supervising
- Persuading and influencing
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- A dynamic individual, capable of expanding the influence and activities of Human Appeal and realising development and partnership opportunities.
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. Good presentation skills and able to persuade and facilitate change.
- A leader who leads by example. A team builder, able to delegate and empower others to maximise their potential.
- Participate in the joint setting of targets and objectives.
- High political intelligence and able to engage with internal and external persons of influence to advance the objectives of the organization.
- Able to successfully manage budgets. A sound understanding of finance, funding and negotiation. A general overview of funding opportunities available to the voluntary sector.
- Commitment to the principles of equal opportunities and able to implement equal opportunities strategies.
- Commitment to the principles of Quality Management and able to implement Quality Management Systems.
- Good independent judgment, strategic vision and ability to challenge constructively.
- A degree or high degree in any field
- At least 2-year experience in NGO/Charity sector.
- At least 5-year experience in managing budgets and team.
- A strong understanding of the current issues relating to the development sector.
- A thoughtful leader who will maintain the values of Human Appeal France and is willing to work outside their comfort zone.
- A qualification in international development, voluntary sector studies or management.
- Experience in a senior position of the voluntary sector.
LIEU ET MODALITÉS CONTRAT
Région parisienne avec séjours ponctuels au siège (Royaume-Uni).
Contrat de 1 an renouvelable en 35H.
CV et lettre de motivation à envoyer impérativement en Francais et Anglais à l'adresse suivante : firstname.lastname@example.org
© Human Appeal 2015
Charity Reg. No. 1955